Do you get Chaat cravings some days when you are lazy to go out or just want to some thing delicious and easily done, then this is a damn good option to try at such times. I had stayed away from India in past for a long time and had cravings of chaat often which was not seen around , so I had to fine a way of having it some how and then I hit this recipe, it became a regular in my menu as tastes like tasty Chaat or as a awesome side dish…If you crave for Chaat too then its the best and easiest way to settle your cravings by making crispy, spicy & delicious potatoes. This recipe is simply perfect as a good snack or a side dish for lunch or dinner.
This dish is primarily made with boiled potatoes crispy fried with dry spices, the result is truly astonishing! Try out these Crispy Spicy Potato recipes, Oh Yum!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 15 mins 35 mins 2-3 Servings
Potatoes – 4 cups (diced large)
Coriander powder – 2 tablespoons
Salt per taste
Mixed spices (Garam masala) – 1 tablespoon
Red chili flakes – 1 tablespoon
Pomegranate seeds (anardana seeds powder) – 1 tablespoon
Extra virgin olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Boil Potatoes, peel and dice them (bite size).
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Put coriander powder and mix well with oil. When you can smell the coriander powder cooking then put diced potatoes in the pan.
- Shallow fry, after 10 mins add salt and fry more turning them often with spatula till they are well cooked and become golden brown & crispy from all sides.
- Once potatoes are cooked well, add mixed spices (garam masala), anardana (pomegranate seeds powdered) and mix well. Turn off the stove and add red chilly flakes.
- Serve in an open bowl without cover to retain crispiness.
- Enjoy with hot bread (chapatti, parantha) or simply with fresh Yoghurt or fresh coriander chutney as Chaat.
Recipe by Sheel Khanna