I have tried and like it very much. it sure is worth a shot, try it Indian meals always have a curry dish as a part of it as we don’t like to eat only dry or semi dry food. Here is a recipe made with Chickpeas and Potato with curry. It is really delicious and has many variations across India, the one we are talking about here is from South India, Karnataka. Its made with chickpeas & Potatoes spicy curry made with onions, ginger & garlic together with dry and whole spices. Try this delicious recipe and get hooked on to it 🙂
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
25 mins 30 mins 55 mins 3-4 Serving
White Kabuli Chana – 200 gms
Tomato – large – 4 (250 gms)
Onion – 3 Onion (150 gms)
Garlic cloves small – 10 (7-8 gms)
Ginger – 25 gms
Fresh Green Coriander – ½ cup
Coconut – 50 gms
Khus khus – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
Cloves (Laung)- 2
Big cardamom (Badi elaichi)- 1
Cinnamon (Dal chini) – 1 small piece
Coriander powder – 3 teaspoons
Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 4-5
Onion – small 1 – finely chopped
Green chili – 1 finely chopped
Potatoes – medium – 2 diced
Coconut – 50 gms
Ghee or butter – 1 tablespoon
Salt per taste
Water for boiling channa
- Wash & soak chana overnight, morning boil with salt.
- Chop Onion, garlic, ginger and tomato.
- Heat 2 spoons olive oil in pan and saute all above ingredients the above together with coconut (either fry with the vegetables or put directly while blending.
- Blend the fried vegetables along with 3 spoons of boiled white chana.
- Heat pan and put 2 spoons olive oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves , small chopped onion, chopped green chili, fry for 5-7 mins. Add the blended paste to it and add 2 diced medium potatoes. Add water if it starts getting very dry.
- Add boiled channa to this mix and Fry further for another 15 mins
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh green coriander.