This is a recipe of chance for me, while I was living in Egypt; my Egyptian friend there was always looking for very easy and very fast cooking recipes. I tried this recipe once and it became regular there after in my home kitchen.
Its works very well as a breakfast, lunch or dinner food especially on days when you cannot make up your mind what to cook or you don’t want to spend time in kitchen for long.
Its very healthy, scrambled eggs are cooked with greens & Zucchini, Spinach and Cheese.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 15 mins 30 mins 1 Serving
Eggs – 2
Zucchini – 2-3 spoons
Spinach chopped – ¼ cup
Spring Onion – 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped
Fresh Green coriander – ½ cup
Feta cheese crumbled
Dried dill (optional)
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper
Milk or fresh heavy cream – 1 table spoon
- Break and mix eggs and milk or cream in a mixing bowl, whisk it nicely for them to blend together evenly.
- Heat a pan or skillet and put olive oil to just enough to coat it evenly, pour the egg mix in the pan or skillet.
- When eggs start to settle a bit, keep moving them from all sides to the center with a spatula.
- Add chopped spinach, crumbled feta cheese & sliced zucchini, chopped spring onions & green coriander. Add salt to taste and keep moving eggs around slowly in the pan or skillet till they are well set.
- Remove from heat & serve on a plate, season with freshly grounded black pepper for the ultimate flavor.
Note: These scrambled eggs can be served with buttered whole wheat bread or buns or any other bread slices as per your choice. Bon Apatite!!
Picture courtesy http://www.mostlyeating.com