A great healthy cereal in the morning can give you a good start for the day. It is very easy on stomach & quick to cook. This simple recipe is made with oats with vanilla flavour milk, mixed with fresh fruits, nuts and seeds to give the taste buds a real treat.
Step by Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 10 mins 20 mins 2 Servings
Milk – 2 cups
Oats – 8 tablespoons
Honey – 3 tablespoons
Vanilla Extract – 1 spoon
Apple – ½ chopped
Banana – 1 sliced
Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
Kiwi – 2 diced (optional)
Mango – 1 small diced
Strawberry – 4 sliced
Raspberry – 6 whole
Blueberry – 6-8 pieces
Mixed nuts – 1 tablespoon
Dried fruits – 1 tablespoon
Mixed seeds (pumpkin, flax, chia, sunflower)– 1 tablespoon (sliced)
- Peel and cut fresh fruits in small bite size pieces and take out pomegranate seeds. Cut apple with the skin if you like it.
- Boil milk and mix oats & later add vanilla extract. Keep the consistency of milk & oatsas per your liking.
- Cool it to bring to the room temperature and add dried fruits & part seeds. Slightly refrigerate if you like it cold.
- In a bowl, layer part fresh fruits at the bottom first, then pour in cooked oats & finally the top layer should be part fruits & nuts in a manner you like best. If you don’t get all listed fruits then use which ever ones are available.
- Garnish with mixed nuts and sunflower seeds.
Picture courtesy http://www.vegkitchen.com