On days when you want a wholesome healthy breakfast then a complete English breakfast is a real treat to have.
Sometimes we take part of this recipe in our diet but to take it, as full breakfast is very simple to cook, delicious, extremely healthy and nutritious too. It’s very popular and is considered as a staple breakfast diet in UK & Ireland countries. It is surely is a win-win recipe and scores exceptionally well with my family & hope will do so with your’s too!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 25 mins 45 mins 1 Serving
Large Eggs – 2
Large Tomato (firm) 1 – cut into halves
½ Can of baked beans
Extra light olive oil
Large Mushrooms – 2
Rashes of Bacon – 4
Sausages – 2
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in flat grill pan and fry sausages first, when they turn brown (not burnt) take out and keep aside on a separate plate in microwave for it to remain hot.
- Now add bacon rashes to the pan and fry till bacon is crispy & cooked. Keep together with sausages to keep them hot.
- Cut tomatoes in half and drizzle oil and grill with cut side down for 2 minutes till grill marks can be seen, then turn carefully & grill on other side too. Season with salt, pepper. keep aside.
- Drizzle olive oil on the washed and cleaned mushrooms, season with salt & ground black pepper, grill on pan with top side down. Turn slowly and once ready, take out and keep aside with sausages.
- The baked beans should be heated separately in another pan on the side.
- Cook eggs in the pan now using olive oil. Normally they are made with sunny side up but if you like then you can fry on both side till it is well done or make in any way suited best to you. Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Bread – either toast them in toaster and use butter or place on grill with a generous blob of butter and grill.
Note : To serve place the grilled sausages,bacon, mushrooms , tomatoes, baked beans & eggs sunny side up side by side on the plate. Serve with toasted or grilled bread. Enjoy with a warm cup of Coffee. Perfect for a weekend breakfast. Cheers!!
Picture courtesy http://www.youtube.com