If you are thinking about a healthy sandwich for your family, then what will be better than having this amazingly delicious grilled veggies California sandwich. Having nice fresh vegetable with a layer of creamy mayonnaise on your own choice of bread. Absolutely Perfect!
It’s very popular in my home and I love to cook it often too as its super quick, very easy, extremely healthy & tasty too.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 10 mins 20 mins 1-2 Serving
Zucchini – ½ cup sliced
Yellow Squash – ½ cup sliced
Chicken breast – 2 sliced (optional)
Tomato – 1 Large thinly sliced
Avocado – 1 thinly sliced
Lettuce – 1/4 cup sliced or baby spinach
Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper
Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
Crumbled feta cheese – 4 tablespoons
- Heat oil in pan and grill sliced zucchini, along with yellow squash slices, sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Season sliced chicken breast with salt & pepper and grill in grill pan or flat pan till ready to eat.
- In a mixing bowl combine together feta and mayonnaise with salt & ground pepper.
- Take the fresh bread slices and spread the mayonnaise & cheese mixture. Top it up with part of lettuce or baby spinach, thinly sliced avocado, tomato, grill veggies & grill chicken, top layer should be again of the remaining salad greens.
- Cover now with other bread slice on top very gently.
Note: Always assemble the sandwich right before serving or else it will all soggy. Enjoy a healthy sandwich meal. Bon Apatite!
Picture courtesy (pic taken from): en.wikipedia.org