I am regularly experimenting with food to come out with some easy and new recipe, which is healthy too. I always try out new recipe combinations so that in some way or other I am able to get my little angle eat veggies.
This pasta recipe has veggies and is done in cauliflower cream sauce, with a basil seasoning. Simply Yum!!
I thought of combining lots of veggies and in a vegetable based sauce, so this recipe was liked by not only my daughter but her friends and my other family members too, so here it is, try out and pamper your family with a healthy dish. I tried and it worked for me.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins 2 Serving
Pasta – 4 ounce (any type like Fusilli, Penne, Regati or Rigatoni)
Water for boiling Pasta
Fresh or packaged Peas –
Carrots – diced
Broccoli – small size florets – 1/2 cup
Zucchini – julienned small
Mushrooms – 1/2 cup thinly sliced
Salt ground black pepper
Basil – chopped 2 tablespoons (optional)
Bacon – 2-3 rashes – pan fried or dry (crumbled or sliced) – optional
Onion small – 1 medium – chopped
Garlic cloves – 5-6 chopped
Cauliflower head small – 1 cut into small florets
Milk – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Grated Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
Fresh green coriander or parsley – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper per taste
Red chili powder – 1 pinch
Dried rosemary or dried basil – 1/4 teaspoon
Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Heat water in saucepan and boil pasta with salt till al Dante, drain and keep aside.
- Side-by-side in another pan boil broccoli and carrot, peas in salt water. After this saute them seasoned with salt & pepper and Keep aside.
- Grease a pan with oil and sauté julienned zucchini, sprinkle with salt. When ready keep aside. After that saute mushrooms also after seasoning with salt & pepper, till they are ready & done.
- Now in a pan toss butter and add chopped onions, sauté the same for 2 minutes and then add garlic, sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Now add cauliflower florets and add milk & water. When it comes to a full boil, then turn the heat to low. Add salt & red chili powder. keep boiling at low till cauliflower florets are tender enough to blend in blender. Add Parmesan cheese and fresh cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Put this mixture in blender and blend together to form a nice cauliflower puree sauce.
- Now take out & season with ground black pepper and add chopped fresh green coriander or parsley, boiled peas and carrots, broccoli florets, sautéed zucchini & sliced or crumbled bacon (optional).
- Mix this sauce with pasta & veggies.
Note: Garnish with chopped basil and bacon (optional) and extra parmesan cheese can also be sprinkled on top. It is a healthy Pasta recipe with cauliflower sauce, which is low in fat & has high fiber content. It comes out to be a very tasty combo, which is definately worth trying. Serve and enjoy, Bon Apatite!!
Picture Courtesy : http://www.amuse-your-bouche.com (nice pic)