Quinoa in simple terms pronounced as “Kinwa” is a dish originated from South America and is widely used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries but now equally popular in India too amongst many other countries.
It has heath benefits, as it is a good source of proteins, calcium, amino acids & iron. It is best for salad recipes, main or side dish. This healthy & delicious dish is made with boiled quinoa mixed with grilled veggies, fresh green coriander, crumbled or cubed cottage cheese with lemon salt & pepper seasoning.
Quinoa – 1 cup
Water or vegetable/chicken broth – 1 ¼ cup
Extra virgin Olive oil
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves – 3 minced
Zucchini – 1 small sliced
Asparagus – 3-4 (sliced)
Bell peppers yellow, red & green – ½ cup sliced or chopped
Fresh green coriander or cilantro – ¼ cup finely chopped
Paneer – ¼ cup – cut into small size cubes or crumbled
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add chopped onions, stir fry for 2-3 mins and add minced garlic, fry further for 3-4 mins, till onions & garlic start getting slightly brown.
- Now place quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse with cold water to take out the oils that may taste bitter. Now add quinoa and water or stock of your choice.
- Add salt and pepper to this quinoa mix and boil, stirring occasionally till its cooked & soft. Keep aside.
- Grill the asparagus, zucchini and bell peppers separately seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Now add the grilled veggies and crumbled paneer to the boiled quinoa and add chopped coriander or cilantro. Add lemon juice and mix well together.
Note: a healthy quinoa dish is ready, enjoy as a salad or a main or side dish. Bon Apatite!
Picture courtsey : http://www.bakebroilblog.com (great pic)