I am a fan of Turkish cuisine, its extremely delicious and truly satisfying. This is a cuisine, which I feel is in many ways similar to Indian taste.
There are many omelet variations but this one gorgeous to look at and delicious for your taste buds too and healthy too.
Eggs – 3 Large beaten well
Milk – 2-3 tablespoon
Mushrooms – 4 pieces thinly sliced
Tomato – ¼ cup chopped
Broccoli – ¼ cup small florets chopped
Fresh green coriander – 3 tablespoons chopped
Spring onion –
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper
Butter – 3 tablespoon
Sausage sliced or bacon crumbled – 2-3 (optional)
Mozzarella cheese – grated 1 tablespoon
- Melt butter in a skillet and add onions and sauté till onions start looking translucent, then add the mushrooms & broccoli. Sauté all together till they become soft. Add tomatoes now. Cook for another 1-2 mins. Take out from skillet & keep aside.
- Sausages can be grilled & sliced and bacon crispy cooked & crumbled (these are optional).
- Take a mixing bowl and beat eggs along with milk and salt. Melt butter in the pan and add the egg mix.
- When the eggs start to set, turn omelet on the other side so that both sides are well done.
- Now place the cooked vegetables either on top of the omelet or place on the half side and fold the other side so veggies are placed inside.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese on top and let it get soft and melt.
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper. Serve.
Note: you can enjoy it as it is or with any crispy bread of your choice. Bon Apatite!
Picture courtesy: kategetshealthy.wordpress.com (nice pic)