Spinach, the leafy green vegetable! Well it’s liked mostly by everyone due to its great nutritional value. Its loaded with iron and is also considered good as a calcium source. Absolutely Healthy & Delicious and very popular in south east Asian countries.
It is also famous amongst kids as it is the main source of energy for “Popeye” The Sailor Man – their favourite character.
This dish here is made with blanced spinach, slightly sauteed in sesame oil and garnished with toasted sesame seeds. Worth trying as it can be made very quickly. I had liked a Korean version so tried and the result was nice.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Fresh Spinach – 1lb or 2 whole bunch
Garlic cloves – 3 very finely chopped
Sesame oil – 2 tablespoons (dark one if available)
White sesame seeds toasted – 1 tablespoon
Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon (optional)
Sugar – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- First in a heavy bottomed pan or skillet toast the sesame and keep aside.
- Then wash and clean the spinach throughly after chopping roughly and cutting the stems. Wash a few times to ensure all that its absolutely clean.
- Now heat water in a big saucepan and once it starts boiling, add chopped spinach and blanch till the leaves start to wilt (dont over cook), then drain hot water and imm dip or shock the leaves in cold water to retain its nice green colour.
- Take out and squeeze with hands so take out all excess water.
- Heat pan and add sesame oil, once hot add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Now slowly add spinach and saute for another half a minute.
- take out and place on a serving dish and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Note: This can be served as a side dish or can be served with rice. Enjoy!!