Pancakes have their own charm and are by far are liked by all – both varieties – either regular with maple syrup or salted ones. In that too if they are made with a vegetable like zucchini then they awesome and very hard to resist. These savoury pancakes are heathy too so you don’t have to hold yourself back to enjoy them.
This recipe is made with grated zucchini, spring onions & fresh green coriander mixed eggs & flour. Savour them!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 15 mins 35 mins 1-2 Serving
Zucchini – 1 (grated)
Spring onions – 2
All purpose flour – ½ cup
Eggs – 2
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1/8 teaspoon
Extra Virgin Olive oil (for greasing pan)
Milk – ¼ cup
- Mix flour with eggs and milk, add salt and baking powder & 1 tablespoon olive oil and blend together to form an even batter without any lumps (consistency should be like pouring cream).
- Add grated zucchini, finely chopped spring onion & finely chopped fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Heat a heavy bottom frying pan and grease it with melted butter or olive oil (your choice).
- Pour batter in the pan either with big serving spoon or batter dispenser (approx. 2 serving spoons)
- When bubbles start to appear on the surface, turn the pancake with the spatula carefully. Cook till it is well cooked from both sides.
Note: Either you can serve immediately or keep in preheated oven or grill to keep them warm till all the other pancakes are cooked. Zucchini pancakes can be served either with a blob of sour cream or yoghurt or any dipping sauces of your choice. Bon Apatite!!!
Picture courtesy: http://www.crazylittleworlsofmine.com (nice pic)