Every body loves Mangoes & if the mango is mixed with your favorite cereal then the result is simply awesome.
I try at times very different & some times very strange food combinations at home first and this was actually asked for by my 6 year old as she wanted to eat her cereal with mangoes in it so I tried this recipe and it became a regular one at my breakfast table so wanted to share with every one around.
Step by Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 10 mins 20 mins 1-2 Servings
Muesli – 1 cup or 120 grams
Fresh Alphonso Mangoes or any other sweet variety as your liking – 2
Sugar – 2 tablespoon or as per taste
Milk – ½ cup
Greek Yoghurt – 2 cups
Fresh Cream – 4 tablespoon
Mixed Nuts (almonds, pistachio & walnuts – all sliced)
Flax seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Chia seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Raisins – 1/2 teaspoon
- Peel and cut half a mango in small pieces, blend balance quantity of mangoes to a fine paste in a blender. Keep separately to use it later.
- Now blend milk, yoghurt, fresh cream, chia seeds and sugar together and keep thick consistency.
- now cool both blended mangoes & blended yoghurt in refrigerator for 1-2 hour at least if you like is very cold.
- Put the mix in a pre cooled parfait glass or a bowl and first layer the mango puree and then on top of that blended yoghurt mix. Now put a layer of crunchy muesli.
- Lastly garnish with some small diced mango pieces and nuts & seeds at the top.
- The parfait can be layered in any other pattern as you like most or it can all be mixed together and served.
Note: Enjoy a hot summer morning with this chilled Nutty Mango Delight Muesli, true Mango flavor! You can garnish with some other fresh fruits like pomegranate seeds or berry’s of your choice. Yummy!.
Picture courtesy: http://www.eastcoastliving.ca (nice pic)