Pulao is a one pot fully satisfying simple yet delicious wholesome meal. Pulao is not only a hot favorite in India but also liked well in Middle Eastern & Mediterranean countries. It is a simple, easy & quick dish to make and absolutely yum & delicious to eat.
Here this recipe is made with rice boiled together with corn kernels & spices. A very healthy meal indeed!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 20 mins 30 mins 2-3 Serving
Rice – 2 cups
Corn kernels – 200 grams
Water – 5 cups
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1 (cut finely)
Salt per taste
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5-6
Spices to grind – (ground paste)
Cinnamon – 2
Cardamoms green – 2 (peel the skin away n use the seeds)
Cloves – 2
Ginger –garlic paste – ¾ teaspoon
Aniseed – ¾ teaspoon
Khus khus – ½ teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 12-15 pieces
Coconut – 3 teaspoons
- Wash rice properly, take a pressure cooker and put washed rice, add water to it. Let it boil.
- Heat a pan, pour oil and add cumin seeds along with curry leaves. After that add onion and sauté till onions become translucent and white.
- Now add the ground paste to it and when it comes to a boil, turn off the heat.
- Now transfer all ingredients from pan to cooker and add salt.
- After this add the pre washed corn kernels in the cooker as well and let it all boil for 5 minutes.
- After this close the cooker lid, put the cooker whistle on and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat now and allow it to cool.
- Open the cooker and mix well gently prior to serving.
Note: Garnish with fresh green coriander, and it can be served with onion raita or any gravy. Enjoy. Bon apatite!
Divya is from India. A wonderful person full of warmth, a great cook, a lovable mom and wife & a perfect home-maker. Cheers to her!!
Check out Divya Srikanth’s profile in the “Appy Chef” section as our guest chef. Check out her recipe “Sweet Coconut Sandwiches”. Some more receipies are shortly coming up from Divya, so look out for them & keep visiting & viewing Appy Bistro recipes.