Rajasthan & its cuisine are always appealing to every one. It is always associated with vibrant colors, in clothing & in food too. This Shahi Gate ki Sabzi is an essential part of Rajasthan cuisine. This dish is extremely delicious and has high protein content.
This dish is made with steamed gram flour dumplings dipped in curd & tomato gravy, awesome Rajputana dish!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 30 mins 50 mins 3-4 Serving
Gram flour or besan – 200 grams
Curd or yoghurt – 100 grams
Cream or malai – 50 grams
Fresh green coriander – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1-2
Tomato – 4 medium sizes
Salt per taste –
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
Asafetida – 2-3 pinches
Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- In a mixing bowl take gram flour and mix it well with asafetida & half oil, knead it well and make firm dough, keep side for 20-25 minutes.
- Now make 6 inches long rolled strips and heat water in a saucepan, boil these rolled stripes into boiling water for at least 10 minutes.
- Take out the boiled strips and cut them into half inch pieces (gattas) after cooling the strips retain the water used for boiling gattas.
- Now blend tomatoes and green chili together and add curd and blend for half a minute longer.
- Heat a wok (kadhai) and heat 2-tablespoon oil, add first cumin seeds and once they start to splitter add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt & chili powder.
- Add the water kept after boiling gattas to this mix and bring to a boil, lower the heat now and keep cooking for another 5-6 minutes more. Switch off the heat and add garam masala powder.
- Garnish with fresh green coriander.
Note: This Gatte Ki Sabzi can be served with chapatti, roti, naan or rice. Enjoy authentic Rajasthan cuisine right in the comfort of your home, Bon Apetite!
Picture courtesy: mygingergarlickitchen.com (great pic)