Some of the recipes from South India are very popular all over the country, one of them being the lemon rice, its very easy & quick to cook and absolutely delicious to eat.
In this recipe boiled rice is mixed with a very nice flavored tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves & whole red chilies together with roasted peanuts & lemon juice.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 10 mins 20 mins 3-4
Rice – 2 cups
Peanuts – ¼ cup
Gram lentils (Chana dal) – 1 teaspoon
White split lentils (Urad dal) – 1 teaspoon
Lemon – 1 big
Curry Leaves – 5-6
Green chili – 2
Salt per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Fresh green coriander – ¼ cup
Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Wash, clean and boil rice. Drain and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal & peanuts, fry till it gets slightly light brown in color.
- Now add chopped green chili, salt & turmeric powder. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add lemon juice & fresh coriander and take off heat. Let this spice mix sit for 2 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Mix this spice now with boiled rice.
Note: Lemon rice is ready to be served. Yummy!