Broccoli is a tasty heart veggie, widely included worldwide in the their cuisines. It has numerous health benefits like it’s a diet food, helps in heart & bone health and helps in reducing cholesterol & allergic reactions.
Tofu or the bean curd again is known for its low calories count and for having high protein, calcium & calcium contents.
This recipe is done with boiled & sautéed broccoli & sautéed totu mixed with soy sauce and dressed with toasted nuts & seeds. Try something different & this delicious side dish or as a salad. Yum!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 10 mins 25 mins 1-2 Serving
Broccoli – medium 1 head (cut into small florets)
Tofu or Paneer – 250 grams (cut into big rectangles or triangles)
Garlic cloves – 3 minced
Salt per taste
Red chili flakes – ¼ teaspoon
Soy sauce – 2 tablespoon
Rice vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
Almonds – 8-10 (sliced & toasted)
Cashew nuts – ¼ cup toasted
Pistachio – 8-10 (toasted)
Sesame seeds (toasted) – ¼ teaspoon
Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Water – ½ cup
- Heat water in a saucepan and add broccoli florets with salt for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add soy sauce, rice vinegar, corn flour, chili flakes, garlic and water. Keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and sauté tofu rectangles or triangles, should be done lightly, not too long and not too brown or else paneer will become hard in texture. Season with salt.
- Now add broccoli in the pan and cook on high heat to make it slightly crispy without burning. Now add the prepared sauce and mix well to coat the tofu & broccoli well. Now add & toss toasted cashew nuts together.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with toasted almond flakes & toasted pistachio & toasted sesame seeds.
Note: This can be served as a side dish or as a salad, it goes well with rice & breads too. Enjoy!