Dubki Aloo (potato curry) is really a very yummy & mouth-watering, delicious, quick & easy dish. It is famous aloo curry from Mathura, which is served with poori or kachauri.
This dish is made with boiled potatoes fried with tomato & spices & then simmered after adding water to get a delicious potato curry. Yum!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins 3-4 Serving
Potato – medium 5-6 (boiled, peeled & diced)
Tomato – medium 3 (grated without skin)
Green chili – 1 chopped
Ginger – ½ teaspoon
Kasoori Methi (dry methi leaves) – 1/8 teaspoon
Salt per taste
Asafetida – 1 pinch
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
Dry mango (amchur) powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Wash and boil potatoes. When they are tender & soft, peel and dice them or break with hands.
- Heat oil & add cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger and green chili. Fry till cumin seeds get aromatic.
- Now add grated tomato, salt, turmeric, coriander, garam masala & chili powder along with amchur and fry the mix for 5-6 minutes, when oil starts to separate then add water. Add kasoori methi.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes till the spices and flavors blend well.
- Garnish with green coriander.
Note: Dubki Aloo curry can be served with poori, kachauri or plain parantha.