Aloo matar curry or Potato peas curry is quite a common dish in an Indian kitchen. It is delicious yet easy and simple to cook. It is a simple yet highly favourable dish.
This dish is cooked with boiled potatoes and green peas with a nice & rich tomato gravy.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 25 mins 35 mins 3-4 Serving
Potato – 1 cup (boiled, peeled & diced)
Green Peas – 1 cup (shelled)
Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1-inch piece (grated)
Garlic – 3 cloves (minced)
Tomato – medium 3 (pureed)
Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
Fresh green coriander – 2 tablespoon
Salt per taste –
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Water – 2 cups
Extra virgin olive oil or any vegetable oil – 3 tablespoon
- Puree onion, ginger & garlic.
- Now heat oil in a wok or large pan, add cumin seeds. When they splutter add the onion, ginger & garlic puree and fry till onions start to become golden in color.
- Now add tomato puree. Add also salt, coriander powder, chili powder & turmeric powder. Fry till oil separates from masala. Cook on medium heat.
- Now add boiled diced potatoes and boiled or fresh peas. Add water and simmer on low heat until it reaches the required consistency of the gravy and both potatoes & peas are tender and soft. Add garam masala powder. Mix and cook for another 1-2 minutes and then take off heat.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and garnish with fresh green coriander.
Note: Aloo matar curry can be served with roti, chapatti, naan or rice. Bon Apatite!
picture courtesy: http://www.fostercitynewblog.wordpress.com(nicepic)