Cream Corn is an old dish in the Western coutries; traditionally it was simmered on low heat in a pot for a long time. I loved this cream corn when I tried this recipe. This makes a great party dish or can be enjoyed with family any time at home.
This easiest side dish is made with fresh or frozen or even canned corn with milk, fresh cream & cream cheese; the outcome is so damn delicious that it leaves you craving for more. Kids love it too.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 45 mins 55 mins 3-4 Serving
Corn kernels (from fresh corn cobs 4 or canned 2 or frozen pack of 900 grams)
Milk – 2 cups
Fresh cream – ½ cup
Cream Cheese – 4 oz. or 115 grams (cut into small pieces)
Chives – 1-tablespoon (finely chopped)
Coriander or Cilantro – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper per taste
Cayenne pepper – 1 pinch (optional)
Sugar – ½ tablespoon (optional)
Butter – 2 tablespoons (unsalted n cut into small pieces)
- In a large saucepan add corn, salt & sugar. Now pour milk & cream over it. Bring it boil.
- Now spread the cut cream cheese & butter on the top and cover the pan and let the milk, cream, cheese & corn simmer on low heat. Keep stirring in between till the sauce thickens.
- After adding cheese the milk will curdle a bit but later will together form a nice sauce.
- The consistency of the cooked corn will get thicker after you take off heat so keep a check and if it is too thick add some more milk and if it is still runny, let it for some time. Generally the consistency will keep on getting thicker while sitting.
- If you are cooking on slow cooker then let it stay in the cooker on warm setting and serve directly.
- Season with black pepper, chives, cilantro and cayenne pepper.
Note: If you like your corn more buttery, you can throw in some more butter. Your delicious corn side dish is all ready, serve it with bread or just enjoy as is. Yummy!