There is nothing more satisfying than a bowl of warm soup. If the soup is mixed with veggies then surely it becomes full of nutrition and can be treated as a complete mini meal too.
This soup is made with brown lentils with corn, zucchini, peas, onion & tomato with nice spice flavors. Yummy!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
25 mins 30 mins 55 mins 3-4 Serving
Brown Lentils (sabut masoor dal)– ½ cup
Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves – 2-3 (minced)
Ginger – ¼ teaspoon
Tomato – 4 large
Fresh green coriander – 2 tablespoon
Zucchini – 1 (diced and sautéed)
Potato – ¼ cup (small chopped and half boiled)
Peas – ¼ cup (boiled in salt water)
Corn kernels – ¼ cup (boiled in salt water)
Lemon – 1 (juice)
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper –
Cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
Red chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1 pinch (optional)
Clove powder – 1 pinch (optional)
Bay leaf – 1
Dried parsley – ¼ teaspoon
Dried basil – ¼ teaspoon
Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Fresh cream – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Wash and boil dal with salt and water. Once tender, keep aside.
- Sauté diced zucchini with salt and keep aside.
- Boil whole tomatoes in a saucepan and when tender, take off the skin and puree in a blender. Keep aside.
- How heat butter in a large saucepan and add bay leaf, onion, ginger & garlic. When onions start turning golden brown, add tomato puree and dry spices – salt, black pepper, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, red chili powder, dried basil & parsley. Mix well and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- After this add the boiled corn kernels, peas, potato & sautéed zucchini & boiled brown lentils. Add the dal water also and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat. Maintain the runny consistency as per your choice; if it is too thick add some more water. If it is very watery, let it simmer for some more time.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well and garnish with fresh green coriander.
Note: Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cream if you like. You can add any other veggies too of your choice. Serve hot with garlic bread or crispy bread or any other bread of your choice. Bon Apatite!
Categories: Soup & Salads