Pancakes are almost a must for breakfast in Western countries, in India too now pancakes have gained popularity amongst the young and kids too. They are delicious & light to eat, easy & quick to cook wholesome food. Nothing beats the homemade fresh pancakes.
Try these basic or classic fluffy pancakes made with a batter of all-purpose flour & eggs, sugar & baking powder. Vanilla extract flavor can be added per choice and pancakes can be served with your choice of toppings like maple syrup, chocolate syrup, fruits, whip cream, honey, jam or any preserves. The result is always yum!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 5 mins 25 mins 4 Serving
All purpose flour (maida) – 1 cup
Eggs – 1 large
Sugar – 2 tablespoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
Milk – 1 ¼ cup
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- In a mixing bowl mix and whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt & sugar.
- In another bowl mix & whisk eggs, butter and milk together.
- Now add the flour mix to the egg mixture and whisk together to blend with each other. Add vanilla extract if required. If slight lumps are there, it is ok.
- Heat a pancake pan or skillet and grease with oil. Now pour 2-3 tablespoon of batter in the center of the pan and spread into a round shape.
- When the surface of the pancakes start to show bubbles, then flip gently with a spatula on the other side. Cook on both sides evenly to get a golden brown color.
Note: pancakes can be served with your choice of topping, Enjoy!