This Kathiyawadi dish is very simple yet very delicious. It is also known as farmer’s food as farmers used to cook it with their fresh produce. Generally it is cooked very spicy but the chili can be adjusted to taste.
This dish is made with eggplants, potatoes, peanuts & curd. You can add any other veggies that you like. The taste is really great.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 30 mins 50 mins 4 Serving
Eggplants medium – 2 (finely chopped)
Potato – medium 2 – (boiled, peeled & small chopped)
Corn – 1 (boiled and cut into 2 inch pieces)
Brussel sprouts – 6 (halved)
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1 (chopped)
Garlic – ½ teaspoon (paste)
Fresh green coriander – 3 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Yoghurt – 1 ½ cup
Peanuts – 2 cups (coarsely grinded)
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Wash and chop the eggplants and keep them in a bowl of salt water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when they splutter, add onion and garlic. Fry till onions start turning golden brown.
- Now add eggplants and cook on low heat till they start getting cooked and getting tender for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add salt, boiled potatoes, corn, brussel sprouts, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and add coarsely ground peanuts too. Fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Smoothen out the yoghurt with a churner and add to the eggplant-potato-peanut mix. Stir for few seconds more and take off heat. Serve immediately.
Note: Serve hot with chapatti, roti, it is generally served hot with bajra roti (rotla). Yummy!