Do you like brownies or chocolate cake? Are you fond of having nice dessert after a great meal? Well, here is a easy & great cake combo.
This brownie cake recipe is with chocolate & mint. Perfect as a dessert especially if you would like to combine dessert & after mints together. Try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 1hour 10 mins 1 hour 25 mins 12 Serving
Cake / Brownie layer:
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Eggs – 3 large
Butter – ½ cup (softened)
Sugar – 1 cup
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Hershey’s chocolate syrup –16oz.
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Powdered sugar – 2 cups
Butter – ½ cup (melted)
Milk – 2 tablespoon
Peppermint extract – ½ teaspoon
Food coloring Green – 2 drops
Semi sweet chocolate – 170 grams
Butter – 5 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Mix sugar and butter well, now add eggs, chocolate syrup, flour, salt & vanilla extract. Mix well so everything blends well together.
- Now pour this batter in a baking pan, which is already greased. Sprinkle dry flour slightly on it before pouring the batter. Bake for about 30 minutes. Once ready check by inserting a fork or knife in it, if the batter does not stick to the knife, it means it cooked well from inside or else cook slightly longer for few minutes till its done.
- Take out of oven and cool it on the wire rack, bring to normal room temperature.
- For preparing the mint layer, add all the ingredients – melted butter, confectioners sugar, milk, peppermint extract & green food color. Mix well. Now spread this mint layer on the cooled cake.
- For preparing chocolate layer, heat a pan and add & melt the chocolate & butter, stir until they are smooth and even, take off heat and cool it slightly. Now spread on the top of mint layer. Refrigerate till the layers are well set. Cut into squares, rectangles or bars per choice.
Note: The chocolate mint brownie or cake is ready to be served, can be served with hot tea or coffee or as a dessert after lunch or dinner. You can spread toasted nuts on top if you like. Enjoy!