Mostly every one thinks of cakes on birthdays but cakes can be enjoyed any time, even as dessert or at snack time too with a cup of tea or coffee.
This one is a carrot cake with eggs, icing on top with cream cheese layer and vanilla flavor, it is delicious, so try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 1hour 10 mins 1 hour 25 mins 12 Serving
All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
Carrots – 300 grams (peeled & grated)
Eggs – 3
Brown sugar – ½ cup
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Olive oil – 175ml.
Golden syrup -125ml.
Milk – 10ml.
Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – ½ teaspoon (optional)
Cream cheese – 250 grams (soft and spreadable)
Icing sugar – 80 grams
Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 150°C (302°F). Take a cake pan and grease it with oil & put non-stick baking sheet.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and mix baking soda & cinnamon.
- In a separate large saucepan now mix milk, olive oil, golden syrup, vanilla extract, brown sugar & eggs, whisk them together properly and pour this mix into the bowl with sifted flour. Gently stir and mix all together to form an even batter. Now add grated carrots and stir & mix well.
- Pour this carrot batter into the baking pan and bake for about 1 hour. When you feel its baked, check with inserting knife or fork into the baked cake, if the batter does not stick to it then its baked well from inside too. Now take out of oven and keep on the side for 10 minutes, after that you can put on the wire rack and cool it to room temperature.
- Now take a pan and add icing sugar, softened cream cheese & vanilla essence and mix well gently. Now spread this icing layer on top of the cake.
Note: The carrot cream cheese cake is ready, you can decorate it with grated carrot or some chopped or sliced toasted nuts or sliced fresh fruits if you like. Enjoy!
Picture courtesy: thewannabechef.net(nicepic)