Cookies are every ones favorite, especially kids love them. If the cookies can be made with oats, nuts & raisins then the result is delicious cookies.
The cookies go very well with evening or morning tea or can be great for kids at snack time. With oats and walnuts & raisins these soft butter cookies taste delicious.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 30 mins 45 mins 12 Cookies
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Oats – 1½ cup
Eggs – 1
Sugar white – ½ cup
Sugar brown – ½ cup
Butter – ½ cup (soft at room temperature)
Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon – ¾ teaspoon (optional)
Walnut kernels – 10 (toasted & crushed)
Raisins – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375°F).
- Now in a large mixing bowl mix white, brown sugar and butter first, then add eggs and beat well. Now add vanilla extract and mix well again.
- After that now separately mix baking soda, salt, cinnamon and all-purpose flour. Add this flour mix with butter, eggs & sugar and mix well. Slowly stir in oats, broken walnuts and raisins too and now finely mix with all ingredients together.
- Grease the cookie sheets and now place one tablespoon of batter on the sheets keeping a distance of 2 inches between them. Flatten them a bit with fork.
- Bake them in pre heated oven for 8-10 minutes and take out and transfer to a wire rack and let them cool and come to room temperature.
Note: the cookies are ready to serve. Can be served with a warm cup of tea, coffee or milk. Yummy!
Picture courtesy: http://www.lifemadesimplebakes.com(nicepics)
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie