Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer, which is really delicious and has many variations. The most simple and classic one is the tomato-basil bruschetta, it is for sure one of the best appetizer which is even sometimes called “summer on toast”.
This bruschetta is made with toasted Italian bread topped with plum tomatoes and fresh basil. Try out and enjoy.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 20 mins 35 mins 12 Slices
French Baguette or any other Italian bread –
Plum tomato (ripe) – 3-4 (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves – 1 (minced)
Basil fresh leaves – 3-4 (finely sliced or chopped)
Olive oil – 30ml.
Balsamic vinegar – ½ teaspoon
Ground black pepper per taste
Salt per taste
- Preheat oven to 230° (450°F).
- Wash and clean the tomatoes, make a cross shape cut on the bottom and dip them boiled water for approx. 1-2 minutes. Take out and cool them. Now peel the skin of tomatoes and squeeze them with hands to take out the excess juice. After this finely chop them. Keep aside.
- Layer the basil leaves on top of each other and roll them, now thinly slice them across the length.
- Now cut the baguette slices diagonally into half inch slices.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt and thinly sliced basil.
- Now brush olive oil on one side of the bread slices, and toast them in the oven on the top rack, till they get crispy and their edges turn brown for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Now plate them with olive oil side up and place the tomato mix on top. Serve.
Note: Bruschetta is a great appetizer, so serve at home for family or at parties. Bon Apatite!
Picture courtesy: bigoven.com