Are you in a mood to chill out, well try the Iced Thandai, it is easy to make and is nutritious, delicious & super soothing.
This recipe is made with milk boiled with sugar, nuts like almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts and whole spices along with saffron flavor. Try out and enjoy.
Full Cream Milk – 1½ lt.
Sugar – 1 ½ cup
Saffron – 8-10 strands
Almonds – 25-30 (blanched & peeled) + 5-6 (blanched, sliced & toasted)
Cashew nuts – 20-25
Pistachio – 25 (blanched) + 10 (Toasted & sliced)
Cardamom – ½ inch
Black peppercorns – 8
Cinnamon powder – ¼ teaspoon
Fennel powder – ¼ teaspoon
Poppy seeds – 3 tablespoon (soaked in water)
Melon seeds – 3 tablespoon
Rose essence – 2-3 drops (optional)
Crushed ice – 5-6 cubes
- Grind cardamom & black peppercorns to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Make a smooth paste of blanched almonds, blanched pistachio, cashew nuts, melon seeds and poppy seeds in a grinder with little milk.
- Now boil milk and add saffron strands, add sugar and simmer on low heat. Now add the almond paste along with cinnamon, peppercorns, fennel powder along with rose essence. Mix well.
- Strain and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Pour in serving glasses over crushed ice and top it up with sliced toasted almonds & pistachios.
Note: Fresh rose petals can be crushed and included while making the paste and adding to milk to get a more prominent rose flavor and the ready thandai can be dressed with rose petals too. Chilled Iced Thandai is served. Enjoy!
Picture courtesy: saveur.com(nicepic)