What is Buchty? Well it is soft, moist and buttery bread, which is perfect for breakfast. It is German Brioche and it can be one large loaf or small individual ones.
I got this recipe from a dear friend who is also a fellow mum at my kids school, she often gets some nice baked dishes when ever we have the class parties and we all knew then, that she bakes really well, I liked them so much that I requested her to share with me so in turn I could share some recipes with our reader’s too. I am sure that you too will like them.
Here is a recipe with yeast, all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, milk & cream. Processed and baked together. Try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
40 mins 35 mins 1 hour 15 mins 3-4 Serving
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 500g
Yeast – 4 grams
Fresh cream –200ml
Sugar – 60 grams
Eggs – 2 (at room temperature)
Milk – mix milk together with eggs – (to be completed at 200grams with warm whole milk i.e. eggs + milk =200 grams
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Icing sugar – (for the dusting)
- Preheat the oven at 150° convection oven.
- In a food processor add first yeast and then all-purpose flour (Maida). Do not put salt & sugar first as its very important that salt & sugar must not touch the yeast.
- Then add eggs and warm milk mix of 200 grams together. Mix well.
- Lastly add cream, sugar and salt.
- Knead the dough for 10 min at an average speed.
- Cover with a wet cloth and let the dough rise until its volume doubles. It can take from 1hour 30min to 3 hours depending on the temperature.
- When the dough has risen, remove the air inside by stirring, until the dough comes back to its previous volume.
- Take all-purpose flour (Maida) in your hands and make small balls of 40grams each. Put it in a baking tin (28x18cm).
- You can make 24 balls, and make a big brioche or 2 small one in same size dough. Put the balls side by side in the tin.
- Let the dough rise again during 1h30mn in the oven (do not cover), then put the brioche outside at the room temperature just the time to preheat the oven.
- Put in the oven for 30 min now. After that once done take out from the baking tin. Put them on a grill and let them cool.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve & enjoy your breakfast.
Note: Delicious warm & fresh Buchty is ready, can be served at breakfast along with a cup of coffee, tea, milk or cereal. Bon Apatite!
Recipe contributed by Joelle Paku
Joelle is from France, a very warm person with a fabulous smile and great baking skills. Cheers to her!
Check out Joelle Paku’s profile in the “Appy Chef” section as our guest chef. Coming shortly some more recipes from Joelle, so look out for them & keep visiting & viewing Appy Bistro recipes.
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie