Are you fond of grilled chicken? Well here is a recipe, which can be done super quick, which is super easy, is ideal for everyone, especially single people who like home cooked food but would not like to cook an elaborate meal, you can also call it a bachelors delight.
Here the chicken is marinated with yoghurt, lemon juice & spices and then grilled, can be served along side grilled veggies or breads. Try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
5 hours 10 mins 35 mins 5 hour 45 mins 3-4 Serving
chicken – 1 kg (as per your choice of peices – with bones or boneless)
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Yoghurt – 1 cup (well beaten)
Ginger paste – 1 Tablespoon
Garlic paste – 1 Tablespoon
Coriander powder – 1 Teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Red food color (optional)
Salt per taste
- Wash and clean chicken properly, now make small cuts on the chicken pieces randomly.
- In a mixing bowl, make a mix of red chili powder, half of lemon juice and salt, rub no the chicken pieces and keep aside for about an hour.
- Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients – garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger & garlic paste and balance lemon juice.
- Rub this marinade well into the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and grill them for 15 to 20 minutes till they are well cooked, soft and tender.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.
Note: Super quick grill chicken is ready; you can also grill some nice fresh veggies with it like bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, onions, broccoli and tomatoes etc. per choice. Bon Apatite!
recipe contributed by Ashwin Muntha
Ashwin is an American born Indian from Bangalore. A real foodie who has exceptional marketing skills. Likes to try cooking & baking in his free time.