Desserts are every ones favorite, if we can make desserts, which have healthy ingredients in it, then definitely it becomes more interesting.
Here a delicious recipe in which sliced apples are baked with oats, sugar & flour and topped with your choice of toppings. It is easy to cook and delicious to eat, kids would love it too. Enjoy!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 50 mins 1 hour 20 mins 6 Servings
Apples – 5 cups (peeled, cored & sliced)
All-purpose flour – ½ cup + ½ tablespoon
Oats (quick cooking) – ½ cup
White sugar – ½ cup
Brown sugar – ½ cup
Cinnamon – ½ teaspoon (ground)
Baking powder – 1/8 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/8 teaspoon
Butter – ¼ cup (melted)
Water – ¼ cup
- Pre heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch-baking pan.
- In a separate bowl mix white sugar, cinnamon & ½ tablespoon of all-purpose flour together. Now sprinkle over apples and pour water evenly on the apples.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar, melted butter, baking powder & baking soda. Mix well and spread evenly on top of the apple mix.
- Now bake for 45 minutes. Take out & transfer to serving plate.
Note: Oats Apple crisp can be served with a dollop of ice cream or a blob of whip cream. It can be dressed with toasted nuts & caramel syrup too. It can be cooked with maple syrup also instead of sugar. Enjoy!
Picture courtesy: bettycrocker.com, commons.wikimedia.org(nicepics)