Looking for desserts with chocolate or caramel flavor? You are surely in for a treat and imagine if you get these flavors with a scoop of ice cream, well I am sure you are already longing for it.
This recipe includes chocolate, caramel and ice cream; whip cream & crackers, layered on top of each other to make a gorgeous & delicious parfait. I saw this recipe on the net; I tried it and loved it so much that I had to share with my readers too. Try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 25 mins 45 mins 6 servings
Unsalted crackers – 4-5
Caramel chips – ¼ cup
Oats – ½ cup
Chocolate ice cream – 750 ml
Whip cream – ¾ cup
Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoon
Oil – 1/8 cup
Toasted nuts – 6 teaspoons (mix of almond flakes, pistachio, walnuts or pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 176°C (350°F) and prepare a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Now crush the crackers in such a way that there will be some crumbs and some slightly bigger pieces so that the texture is retained.
- Now mix oatmeal, oil & vanilla extract to the crackers and mix well so that the crackers become slightly wet. Now spread the cracker crumb mix on the parchment paper in baking dish. Bake for 7-8 minutes and add & spread evenly the caramel chips over the mix. The caramel chips will melt with the heat of the baked crackers.
- Prepare the whip cream with an electric mixer and add vanilla extract and brown sugar and mix well with a light hand.
- At this point take out the ice cream from refrigerator and keep out side for 4-5 minutes to soften it a bit, then it’s easier to use.
- Now assemble the parfait – take six cups and the first layer will be of baked crumbled caramel crackers, then for second layer pour chocolate syrup inside the serving glass or cup on the edges all around so it runs a bit on the glass inside walls. Now for third layer add scoops of ice cream, for the forth layer again pour chocolate syrup running on the inside edges on the glass wall. After that fifth layer should the dollop of whipped cream topped with drizzled chocolate syrup & 1 teaspoon of toasted nuts in each cup.
- Repeat the sequence again incase you are using a bigger serving cup.
- Freeze again & take out just before you serve.
Note: Take out just before serving to retain the parfait firmness, if you like the texture more crunchy, then add more cracker mix, if you like a quickie then just add a dollop of ice cream in a cup or bowl & top up with caramel cracker mix, toasted nuts & chocolate syrup. You can try butterscotch chips too instead of caramel per choice. Yummy!
Recipe source: overtimecook.com-Miriam Pascal(greatrecipe)
Picture courstesy: overtimecook.com(nicepic)