Rice is a part of every ones meal. Cooked in many different ways and with different ingredients, is still yummy and fulfilling every time one eats. Pulao or Pulav recipes are well known in many countries.
Our guest chef Divya has come up with another of hers, very simple to cook, highly sumptuous & delicious to eat and healthy rice recipe of Peas Pulao. In this the rice is cooked with spices, peas and coriander & mint. Truly Delicious, Try out this homely & healthy recipe!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 10 mins 25 mins 1-2 Serving
Rice Basmati – 2 cups
Peas – 200 grams (fresh)
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 6-8
Salt per taste
Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 3 tablespoon
Water – 5 cups
For grinding to a paste –
Cinnamon – 2 (1 cm each)
Cardamom – 2 (discard the skin, need only seeds)
Cloves – 2
Green chili – 3
Aniseed – ¾ teaspoon
Khus-khus – ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 1 bowl full
Coconut – 3 teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 10-12 pieces
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Mint leaves – 8-10 leaves
- Firstly grind all ingredients listed in the “grinding the paste” list, together to form a paste.
- Then take a pressure cooker and add rice & water to it, let it boil.
- Now in the mean time, heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and onion and sauté, when the seeds splutter add curry leaves too. Now add the ground mixture to it and saute for another 1-2 minutes, now add little water & let it boil all together for a while. Add peas and salt.
- Transfer now onion, mustard curry leaves, peas, ground paste mix to the cooker from the pan and mix well with the boiling rice.
- Let it all cook together for 5 minutes and then close the lid of the pressure-cooker on low heat with the whistle for 10-12 minutes.
- Take off heat and open the cover & mix well before serving.
Note: The Minty Peas Pulao can be served with cucumber, carrot & onion raita. Bon Apatite!
Recipe contributed by Divya Srikanth