Whenever we think of salads, the usual picture in mind is of casually chopped or sliced cucumber & tomatoes etc. This is a salad recipe, which is little different but very easy and delicious. This salad is with a mild tempering to make the flavors more interesting.
This is made with cucumber, roasted peanuts, green chilies & coconut, all together mildly tempered with mustard & cumin seeds. It is definitely worth trying.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 5 mins 15 mins 4 Serving
Cucumber – 4 cups (peeled & finely chopped)
Green chilies – 1 (finely chopped)
Coconut – ½ cup (grated)
Curry leaves – 5-6
Fresh green coriander – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Peanuts – ¼ cup (roasted, skinless & coarsely crushed)
Salt per taste
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Ghee (clarified butter) – 1 tablespoon
Asafetida – 1 pinch
- Peel and finely chop cucumber avoiding and taking out the seeds inside.
- Dry roast the coarsely ground peanuts.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add cucumber, dry roasted peanuts, green chillis, grated coconut, lemon juice, salt & sugar. Mix well.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and add asafetida, cumin and mustard seeds, when they splutter, add curry leaves, sauté for few more seconds and take off heat. Now add the tempering to the cucumber salad. Add fresh green coriander and mix gently all together.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Note: Enjoy a hearty delicious cucumber salad. Yummy!