Sometimes when you would love to have something different than regular desserts or you want to impress your guests then this recipe is worth trying, These are grilled peaches with a crumbly filling. A great looking dessert, excotice & delicious dessert will long for more after tasting it.
This recipe is with grilled peaches with crumbled bread, oats & almonds stuffing and served with vanilla ice cream or whip cream, garnished with toasted almonds & pistachios.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
25 mins 45 mins 1 hour 10 mins 4 Serving
Peaches – 2 large (ripe, firm, pitted and halved)
Oats – ¼ cup (toasted & crispy)
Brown bread – 2 slices (toasted & crispy, crumbled)
Condensed milk – ¼ cup
Cream – 2 tablespoons
Saffron strands – 4-5 (soaked in a teaspoon of milk)
Almonds – 1 cup (half blanched, peeled and half with skin)
Brown sugar – 2 tablespoon
White sugar – 2 teaspoon
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Pine nuts – 2 tablespoons (toasted)
Almond flakes – 2 tablespoons (toasted)
Pistachio – 2 tablespoon (sliced & toasted)
Whip cream (optional)
Vanilla Ice cream – (optional)
- Grind blanched and peeled almonds into a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the almond paste, stir continuously and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Now add sugar, saffron, cream and condensed milk, cook for another 4-5 minutes till it starts getting dry. Then add toasted oats, cook for 4-5 minutes. Then add the crumbled crispy brown bread and cook for 4-5 minutes more. Mix well and cook till the mix becomes very dry, crumbly & brownish. Cool it.
- Now scoop out the peaches from the center and grill them till done and grill marks are visible.
- After that take off grill pan and stuff them with the almond, oats & bread mix.
- Let them cool to room temperature and garnish with toasted almonds & pistachio and either top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whip cream or just serve whip cream or ice cream on the side.
Note: This yummy dessert is extremely great looking after plating. You can dust it with cinnamon powder too. Enjoy!
Picture courtesy: italyonmymind.com(nicepic)