Well who doesn’t like pasta or Italian food? Well, Spaghetti is one of the best pasta available and liked by most people. This one is a very simple Italian pasta recipe, basically spaghetti in red sauce or tomato basil sauce.
Easy to cook and incredible delicious to eat, what more can we ask for, so well get going and try this one out, you will love it.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
05 mins 05 mins 10 mins 4 Serving
Spaghetti – 455 grams (uncooked)
Plum tomato – 3-½ cup (blanched, peeled, without seeds & chopped)
Basil leaves – 6 (shredded)
Olive oil – ¼ cup
Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese – 2 tablespoon (grated)
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Cream – 2 tablespoon
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper per taste
Red pepper flakes – 1 pinch (optional)
- Cook pasta in water with few drops of oil and salt till almost done. Drain and keep aside along with the drained water.
- Blanch the tomatoes in water in a saucepan, take out and peel & remove skins. Cut halves and scoop out the seeds.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan till it gets smoky, then add the blanched and peeled tomatoes along with salt, pepper & red chili flakes on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Take the tomatoes out of the pan and chop them finely and mash them with a masher till all liquid juice is released from them and you can see small chunks of tomatoes as well. Cook & simmer for 20-25 minutes on low heat to get a nice semi liquid & chunky effect of the sauce.
- Now add the almost cooked and drained pasta to the pan and mix with this tomato sauce and cook till spaghetti is al-dente. If you feel that the sauce is too thick then add some of the pasta water and reach the required consistency.
- Now finally add the butter, cheese, cream, extra virgin olive oil & basil. Mix well and check and add the seasoning if needed more per taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.
Note: Delicious spaghetti is ready to be enjoyed. Bon Apatite!