Brioche is originally a pastry of French origin, which is very similar to rich bread with a beautiful tender crunch. It is considered richer than normal bread due to the high content of eggs & butter etc. so it is more of a pastry.
Brioche dough is flour mixed with butter, sugar & eggs and with vanilla or orange flavorings, then baked to get perfect pastry breads ever. Brioche can be made in small or large balls or like a normal loaf. Try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
1 day 30 mins 1 day 30 mins 4 servings
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 250 grams
Eggs – 4
Yeast – 4 grams
Sugar – 50 grams
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 200 grams
Vanilla or Orange flavor essence
- This bread dough can be made either hands or a mixer.
- It is very important that all ingredients except the yeast and salt should be cold so as to avoid heating of the paste during mixing of the dough.
- Put in the order – the yeast first then flour, eggs, sugar & salt. Mix all the ingredients until it becomes a compact and supple paste; mix it in stand mixer for around 10 minutes at low-speed.
- In the mean time cut the cold butter into small pieces and add vanilla or orange flavor per choice.
- When the paste become supple in the mixer, add the butter pieces and keep mixing till the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Divide and add the butter quantity in 3 times.
- When the dough is ready, transfer & place it in a container and cover, let the dough rise for 1-2 hours.
- After 2 hours stir the dough again to let the air out and settle down, now wrap the dough in a cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator over night.
- Next morning take out the dough and again stir it to take the air out of the risen dough. Now make small size or big size balls depending on the baking tin size and per choice, then glaze & brush the top of the balls with the yellow part of the eggs and let it rise again sitting in the baking tin for about 3 hours. The temperature must be between 30-40°C.
- About 10 minutes before the raising of the dough balls, pre heat the oven at 160° Now put the brioche in the oven and let them bake for 20-30 minutes. Ensure the top is glazed. Check that the bread is fully well done inside. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: your Appy Breakfast is all ready. Enjoy a delicious Brioche!
Recipe contributed by Joelle Paku – the master baker!
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie