Rajasthani cuisine is known for its great taste and rich nature. There are many delicious dishes. This one is a very easy, simple but very popular dish.
Here the papad are roasted & cooked together with boondi in yoghurt curry with spices. Yummy!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 15 mins 25 mins 4 Serving
Papad – 2 large (roasted & broken into medium size pieces)
Boondi – ½ cup (gram flour tiny droplets)
Gram flour (besan) – 1 tablespoon
Yoghurt – 1 cup (sour, smooth & beaten well)
Fresh green coriander – 3 tablespoons
Salt per taste
Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Asafetida – 1 large pinch
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
Whole red chili – 2-3 (broken)
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Dry roast the papad and break them into medium size pieces. Now heat water in a pan and add roasted papad & boondi for 2-3 minutes. Strain it and keep aside.
- Now meantime in a mixing bowl add yoghurt & gram flour with water and whisk hard and well so that there are no lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when they splutter add asafetida, whole dried red chili and fry for 1 minute, then add yoghurt and red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala & salt. Keep stirring continuously.
- When it reaches the boiling point, add roasted & soaked papad and soaked boondi. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off heat, transfer to serving bowl and garnish with fresh green coriander. Serve hot.
Note: Delicious tangy papad & boondi shaak is ready. It can be served hot with chapatti, roti or rice. Enjoy!