German apple cake is a very popular in Europe; it is moist, flavorful & dense cake. This cake is very delicious and is generally served at breakfast, for desserts and as a snack too. It is quite a hot favourite party, potlucks & picnics too.
This apple cake is very simple and easy to make, it has flour, eggs, sugar, salt and chopped apples batter mixed together with vanilla & cinnamon flavors and baked to get a rich, moist & delicious apple cake, try out!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 55 mins 1-hour 15 mins 12 servings
Apples – 4 cups (peeled, cored & chopped)
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 2 cups
White Sugar – 2 cups
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Eggs – 2
Vegetable oil – ¾ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Prepare a 9×13 inch pan, grease & dust with flour. Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs with oil using an electric mixer till it becomes creamy & fluffy. Now add vanilla extract and sugar, beat and mix well.
- In another bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon powder and baking soda and mix well. Add this to the egg mixture and mix well till they all blend and combine well together. It will turn into a thick batter. Now gently stir in & add the chopped apples. Now transfer and spread this batter to the prepared baking dish. if you like then put a top layer of peeled & thinly sliced apples.
- Now bake at 175°C (350°F) for 45-50 minutes and keep checking by inserting a knife, it comes out clean then its done & cooked well. Take out of oven and it cool on the wire rack.
- Once cool, you can serve the cake with dusted sugar at the top or with cream cheese frosting per choice.
Note: Delicious apple can be served for breakfast or as dessert or as a snack. Enjoy!
Picture courtesy: thecakecabinet.wordpress.com, bakingtuts.com(nicepics)
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie