What are Fajitas? Well, they are made with flour or corn tortillas stuffed with meat, poultry with veggies & sauces or creams. Every one is quite well versed with Fajitas being Mexican food; today we would be presenting a version of Indian bread Fajitas. It is quite similar in preparation as Mexican fajitas.
Well, here is another great recipe from our guest chef Joelle Paku who has created this version. Here chicken & bell peppers are cooked with tomato and then stuffed in parotas. The dish is super easy, super quick to do and incredibly delicious to eat, so try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins 4 Servings
Ready Parota (Malabar or Kerala) – 8 pieces (1-2 pieces per person)
Tomato puree – 25 ml
Garlic cloves – 10
Onions – 2
Bell pepper – 3 (different colors like red, green & yellow or per choice)
Green chili – optional
Tomato – 2
Chicken breast – 1 kg
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper
Cheese – optional
Ghee (clarified butter) or oil – 2 tablespoon
Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Cut all veggies and chicken breast.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add garlic.
- Sauté and when it is glazed, add onions. Sauté for 5 minutes and add chicken breast cut pieces with little ground pepper.
- When the chicken is almost done & cooked, add the bell peppers and tomato puree and let it dry.
- Now add salt and chopped tomatoes, green chili and mix well, fry for 3 minutes and take off heat.
- In another pan, add butter and heat the parota, when it is done and is golden brown from both sides, layer the chicken-veggie mix and add cheese, now roll it. Serve it hot.
Note: The vegeterians can add any other veggies along with bell peppers as per choice instead of chicken and still enjoy a delcious vegeterian fajita, for chicken lover’s this delicious Indian fajita rolls are ready now, enjoy with family & friends. Bon Apatite!
Recipe contributed by Joelle Paku