This dish from Sweden is a casserole originally done with potatoes, sprats, cream, breadcrumbs & cream but we are doing this time, is the vegetarian Janssons Temptation. The original dish is actually a part of Swedish Christmas meal.
For making this dish, you need to boil sliced potatoes in milk & cream and then bake with fried onions & capers, enjoy a perfect gratin or casserole, Try this and savor the taste of a buttery & creamy delicious dish.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 10 mins 20 mins 6 Servings
Potato – 400 grams (sliced)
Onion – 1 medium (sliced)
Capers – ½ cup (picture enclosed)
Milk – 1½ cup
Whipping cream – 1 ½ cup
Butter – 3 tablespoon
Salt per taste
Breadcrumbs – 1 tablespoon
- Boil milk & cream in a saucepan and cream and add potatoes with salt, boil till potatoes are soft & tender.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry onions.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Mix the capers with potatoes and onions and transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle & put a layer of breadcrumbs on top of it and add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Bake at high for 10 minutes on top till the gratin turns golden in color.
Note: Serve the warm baked perfect casserole dish as a part of regular meal or as a Christmas meal along with your choice of breads, Bon Apatite!
Picture courtesy: sweden.se(nicepic)