Quiche is a pastry crust, which is open faced, of savory taste with its origins in France, it has filling of veggies or meat or poultry etc. Basically this classic French dish has a pastry crust with filling of eggs & milk or cream, which after baking forms custard like texture, one can choose to have any filling per choice.
Quiches are a perfect dish to serve for picnics, dinner parties and suppers or even after noon tea. It’s not so difficult to make too. This recipe comes from our guest Chef Joelle Paku, all you need to do here is to bake first the tart base and then make a onion, eggs & milk filling and then bake again with the filling, try out this incredibly delicious Quiche!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
45 mins 30 mins 1 hour 15 mins 4 Servings
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 200 grams
Butter – 100 grams (cold)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Milk – 60 ml
Onions – 5
Fresh cream – 200 ml
Eggs – 3
Salt per taste
Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven at 150°C (300°F).
- Mix together Maida (all-purpose flour), butter, salt & milk. Make a ball out of the dough and refrigerate it overnight.
- The next morning, cut onions & cook it in little butter.
- In a cup beat the eggs and the fresh cream. Add the onions.
- Spread the paste and put it in a pie tin.
- Make some holes in the tart with a fork and put it in the preheated oven. After 15 minutes take out (at this moment the tart must not be completely cooked), now add onions-eggs-fresh cream to the tart base.
- Cook for 15 minutes more, at this moment the filling must be cooked too.
Note: Quiche filling can be per individual choice & can be eggless with vegetables. Delicious Quiche is ready to serve, savor the taste with a hot cup of tea or coffee, Bon Apatite!
Recipe contributed by Joelle Paku
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie