Baked goodies are always every ones favorite, if you can make nice cakes or pies or tarts at home all by yourself, well it’s a highly satisfying feeling. It feels difficult but if you learn it right and practice it, nothing is difficult then.
Our guest chef & very passionate baker Joelle Paku has come up again with an incredible delicious Apple-Lemon Tart. She had already taught us the art of making & baking a puff pastry sheet, today she is teaching us the art of converting the puff pastry sheet into a delicious tart. So all you need to do is to get into the mood of baking, follow her simple steps of making the lemon cream, spreading over the puff pastry and topping with sliced apples & finally baking it. Serve delicious tarts to your family & friends. This is a perfect dish for tea parties etc. Try this and enjoy!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe – (excluding the puff pastry sheet)
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 30 mins 50 mins 4 Servings
Puff pastry – 1 sheet (refer to puff pastry sheet recipe)
Apples – 2 large
Ingredients for Lemon Cream:
Lemon juice – 3 lemon
Sugar – 100 grams
Eggs – 2
Butter – 50 grams
- Preheat oven at 150°C (300°F).
- Spread the puff pastry sheet, put it in a mould & pierce it with a fork (to avoid the paste swells during cooking) and put in the fridge or freezer.
- Cut the apples and put in the refrigerator. Squeeze the lemon juice and put in a pan.
- Now mix the eggs and sugar vigorously together for 5 minutes, add this to lemon juice and heat it, keep stirring continuously with a whip till it becomes creamy. Now take off heat and add butter. Now put the lemon cream in a cup to cool.
- After this put the lemon cream on the puff pastry and then top layer of apples, the lemon cream should not be visible under the apples; the apples should cover the cream fully well.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon & sugar per choice. Bake for 30 minutes.
Note: Delicious apple-lemon tart is ready to serve, enjoy with family & friends over tea or for snack time. Bon Apatite!
Recipe contributed by guest chef Joelle Paku, Cheers to her!
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie