I have observed that tarts for dessert have mixed reactions, some people really love, other not so much and prefer other cakes & pastries. What I really like about tarts is not just the taste but the look of them too, they just look beautiful & highly tempting to eat.
I just came across these frit tarts and they looked so delicious & awesome that I had to try them and also share with my viewers, I liked this recipe by Karen Williams from Entrée, wow I must say she did a great job of sharing this recipe, I love it & am sure you will love it too, try out and enjoy!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 min 35 min 55 min 16 Servings
For Tart Crust:
All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup (powdered)
Butter – ¾ cup
For the Filling:
Fruits – Fresh fruits like Kiwi, Orange, Strawberry, blue berry, black grapes & pineapple or any other per choice (sliced)
White chocolate chips – 2 cups
Cream Cheese – 1 cup (softened)
Heavy whipping cream – ¼ cup
For Glazing Syrup:
Pineapple juice – ½ cup
Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
Sugar – 3 tablespoon
Cornstarch – 2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven at 150°C (300°F).
- In a mixing bowl, add & mix the powdered sugar & butter. Cream it till it becomes light & fluffy. Now add the flour too and mix well till all ingredients are mixed well.
- Now press this dough into a 11-12 inches ungreased tart pan or into mini tart moulds and bake for 20-25 minutes till they become golden brown. Then let the crust cool on wire rack before removing it.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and mix well with whipping cream, now add the softened cream cheese and beat all of them together to form a creamy & smooth mixture.
- Now fill this mixture into the cooled tart crusts and let them refrigerate & chill for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the sliced fruits on top of the chocolate mixture in an appealing & creative manner per choice. Now tarts are ready.
- Now in a saucepan add cornstarch & sugar and add in pineapple juice & lemon juice, boil till the sugar is dissolved & mixture becomes slightly thick, let it cool down, then brush on the fruits to give a perfect glaze.
Note: Delicious & tempting white chocolate fruits tarts are ready, enjoy with family & friends, can be served at breakfast, at high tea or simply as desserts. Bon Apatite!
Recipe source & picture courtesy: entree.com(nicepic)
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie