Weight is usually a major problem with a lot of people & they are always looking for remedies & therapies to loose weight apart from appending time at gym & exercising. Having a good diet matter a lot as it helps & plays a very important role in weight reductions too.
One of the diet plan which really helps to cut the body weight is a low carb diet. Low carb diet means lesser intake of carbs in your meal plans. In India the low carb diet is more or less the high protein diet.
Lets first start with what exactly are carbs? Carbs are basic nutrients which are found in plants which can be segregated as simple or complex carbs. The low carb diets help in reducing one’s appetite and due to that one tends to eat less food, which results in weight reduction automatically but then its required for a person to take more of proteins.
How can you incorporate a low carb diet?
- Include fruits like Watermelon, Strawberry, Berries, Apples, Peaches, Coconut, Papaya, Avocado, Olives & Honeydew in your diet.
- Include vegetables like Broccoli, Cauliflower, Iceberg Lettuce, Cucumbers, Spinach, White mushrooms, Celery & Swiss chard, Zucchini, Cabbage, Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Eggplants, Sprouts & Bell peppers in your diet.
- Include low fat dairy milk products like low fat yoghurt & Milk & low fat cheese.
- Use Tofu instead of Paneer (Cottage Cheese).
- Include high fiber-low carb cereals & oats with low fat milk in your diet.
- Replace white rice with brown rice in your diet. Include barley, quinoa & buckwheat too.
- Include whole wheat breads & chapattis, pasta.
- Include Flax seeds, sunflower seeds & chis seeds in your diet.
- Include Eggs & meat & poultry & fish in your diet.
- Include soya bean in your diet.
- Avoid starchy vegetables like potato and yam.
- Food cooked in olive oil, canola oil or coconut oil.
- Almonds – blanched & peeled or roasted.
- Include Kidney beans in your diet.
- Drink lots of water as it has no carbs.
- Apart from above, oregano, salt, pepper, ginger & garlic are low carb too.
Right way to plan your low carb diet:
Breakfast – have a power packed breakfast as it’s the very first meal of the day and will energise you for the day ahead. You can start your day with eggs, whole wheat breads o chapattis with low carb veggies.
Lunch & Dinner – The best choice of low carb for the lunch & dinner can be salads bowls of veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, iceberg lettuce, spinach etc. with probably a mildly sautéed zucchini, eggplants & spinach etc. or whole wheat tortillas stuffed with these low carb veggies & kidney beans etc. Soups too can be a good source of low carb diet.
Mid meals & Snacks – you can take small mid meals like veggies & fruits to stay low carb or enjoy a bowl of low fat yoghurt.
If you have already decided to shed weight & get slimmer then why wait now, get going and start loosing weight. Plan a realistic diet & Go Low carb!
Categories: Appy Blog