Fisherman catch is a catchy name and one would immediately think it as some fresh fish, freshly cooked too on the plate to savour, well it is another wonderful dish from Celebrity chef Sriram Aylur of Michelin star Restaurant – Quilon, London. This is basically Curry Leaf and Lentil Crusted Fish. Chef Aylur is the master of south west coastal flavours, so this happens to be again one of his signature dishes.
This is a truly delicious recipe of fish marinated n then dusted with curry leaves & lentil powder and then fried, easy to cook and wonderful to eat, so try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 min 35 min 55 min 4 Servings
Tilapia or Pomfret(fillet) – 400 grams or 8 pieces
Lemon juice – 2 pieces
Turmeric – 2 grams
Salt to taste
For Curry Leaf Lentil Powder:
Curry leaves – 50 grams
Gram lentil (chana dal) – 20 grams
Black pepper – 5 grams
Whole coriander seeds – 10 grams
Whole jeera (cumin) – 10 grams
Dry red chili – 5 grams
Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
Oil for frying
- Marinate the fish with Lemon Juice, Salt and Turmeric and Keep aside.
- Meanwhile -Heat Coconut oil in Kadai (wok)
- Temper it with Jeera
- Add Chana Dal and Sautee till it starts changing color.
- Now add, black pepper, coriander, red chilies and Sauté them till it changes colour add curry leaves and sauté until it turns crisp remove in a tray and cool.
- Dry grind to a fine powder.
- Dust the Fish with curry Leaf and Lentil powder. Heat little oil in a pan or Tawa and cook the Fish for 1-2 minutes each.
Note: delicious fish is ready to be enjoyed, Serve Hot with Raw Mango Chutney. Bon Apatite!
Recipe by: Chef Sriram Aylur
Picture courtesy: Quilon, London