Caprese salads are one of the famous Italian food. Salads in general are always considered healthy food. Today we are presenting a caprese salad which is slightly different than the regular ones. Chef Antonio Tardi from Shangri La hotel has shared a wonderful recipe, here the caprese salad is done with seafood, so its surely a delight for all seafood lovers.
A real delight for the eyes and delicious to eat, simple to cook, so try this Italian holiday seafood salad and enjoy!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Shrimps – 150 grams
Calamari rings – 150 grams
Scallops – 150 grams (cut into halves)
Clams – 300 grams
Mussels – 300 grams
Water – 300 ml
Lemon – 2
White wine vinegar – 30 ml
Bay leaf – 3
Peppercorns – 10 grams
Thyme – 10 grams
Mire Poix – 300 grams (for extra flavor)
For Dressing & Garnish:
Bell peppers – 200 grams (red & yellow)
Cherry tomatoes – 200 grams
Extra Virgin Olive oil – 100 ml
Chives – 30 grams
Lemon juice – 20 ml
Garlic – 20 grams (thinly sliced)
- Put all the poaching broth ingredients – water, white wine vinegar, lemon half squeeze, bay leaf, pepper & mire poix in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- First cook the shrimp, followed by calamari & scallops each for 2 minutes each and put in a bowl.
- Cook the clams & mussels till the shell opens.
- Take out the meat from some & add and add some of them with the shell to the bowl.
- For the dressing, dice the bell peppers & cherry tomatoes, chop the chives and thinly slice the garlic, add all these to the bowl with the seafood.
- Finish with extra virgin olive oil and seasoning, mix all the ingredients together.
Note: Delicious & healthy seafood caprese salad is ready to serve, enjoy, Bon Apatite!
recipe by: Chef Antonio Tardi (Shangri La Hotel)
Picture courtesy: Shangri La Hotel / Chef Antonio Tardi
Categories: Soup & Salads