We have another great recipe for seafood lovers. Seafood is majorly popular in the coastal regions or tropical places. This recipe is Lobster masala curry, where the lobster tails are cooked in tomato sauce with aromatic spices. Chef Peter Joseph from the famous Michelin Starred Restaurant, shares this wonderful recipe, which can be done at home too following some easy steps advised by him.
Try this and enjoy with family & friends, would be a gourmet dish at family dinners or party’s too.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Lobster tails – 4
Oil – 3 tbsp
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cloves – 4
Cardamom pods – 4
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Shallots – 1 ½ (sliced)
Green chilies – 2 (slit lengthways)
Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Ground coriander – 1 tbsp
Ground cumin – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes – 4 large (chopped)
Peppercorns – 1 tsp (crushed)
Spring onions – 2 (thinly sliced)
Fresh coriander – sprigs
- Begin by preparing the lobster. Carefully crack the tails and remove the meat, reserving the shells to serve if desired. Chop the meat into 2cm chunks and set aside.
- For the masala sauce, add the oil to a large pan and place over a medium heat. Once hot, add the whole spices to the pan and fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the sliced shallots and split chilies, then sauté for a few minutes until golden-brown. Add the ginger and garlic paste to the pan and continue to fry for 5–6 minutes, then stir in the ground spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cover the pan with a lid. Turn the heat down and cook over a gentle heat until the tomatoes break down and the oil starts to separate from the liquid.
- Meanwhile, add the lobster meat to the remaining sauce and simmer gently in the sauce for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it seems too dry. Check for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the warm sauce into the base of serving dish. Divide the lobster masala between the shells if using and garnish with the crushed pepper, chopped spring onions and a few sprigs of fresh coriander.
Note: Incredibly delicious seafood is ready, serve this lobster curry with rice or chapatti, roti or breads of choice, enjoy. Bon Apatite!
Recipe by: Chef Peter Joseph
Picture courtesy: Chef Peter Joseph