Beetroot & Gooseberry Potato cakes, well the combination is quite unique but it’s a great snack or even an appetizer. You can really wow your guests with this recipe from Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra, if you offer such unique recipes to them during dinner or parties too. This is a healthy recipe as the main ingredients amla & beetroot both have many health benefits.
This is easily doable at home and delicious & healthy to eat, so don’t wait up and try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1 (finely chopped)
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Lemon – ½ (juice)
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Beetroots – 2 (peeled, boiled & mashed)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Amla (Indian Gooseberry) – 6 (peeled, cored & grated)
Potatoes – 3 (boiled, peeled & mashed)
Oil – for frying
Fresh coriander – 1 pinch
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and sauté till lightly browned.
- Stir in the mashed beetroot and sauté until the mixture dries out a little.
- Add the chilli, chilli powder, lemon juice and garam masala and stir through.
- Add the grated potatoes and amla, stir the mixture and remove from the heat.
- Refrigerate for about half an hour.
- Put a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into equal portions (about 8). Make small round patties or tikkis with each portion.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook each tikki for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they become crisp and golden on each side. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve
Note: Delicious Amla & Beetroot Tikki’s are ready to serve and enjoy as a great snack. Bon Apatite!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Chef Hari Ghotra