Asparagus is generally not considered an India vegetable and till some time back a lot of Indians were not using it and it was hard to find here but nowadays the whole scenario is changed. People are using vegetables which were earlier not easily available to them.
Asparagus is a healthy veggie, its low on calories & sodium and high source of dietary fiber, protein, calcium & lots of vitamins etc. Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra comes with a great recipe for this vegetable cooked with Indian spices, an unusual combination but the outcome is great, so try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Garlic cloves – 2
Ginger – 3 cm piece
Asparagus – 500 grams (chopped)
Vegetable oil – 3 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
Onion – 1 (sliced)
Green chili – 1 (finely chopped)
Kashmiri chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Amchoor powder (dry mango powder) – ½ teaspoon
Tomato – 3 (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Ginger & garlic paste – (pressed in pestle & mortar)
- Crush the ginger and garlic in a pestle and mortar to a paste.
- Heat the oil in pan and on a medium heat add the cumin and fennel seeds.
- Once sizzling and fragrant add sliced onions with the chopped green chilies and crushed ginger and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped asparagus and sprinkle in the salt, red chili powder and amchoor.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Note: Delicious asparagus recipe is ready to serve, can be served as a starter or as a side dish. Bon Apatite!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Chef Hari Ghotra