Curries are an integral & very important part of Indian cuisine, in fact in other countries India cuisine is thought to be just curry based. I know all curry dishes normally cooked across India but when I heard of this recipe from Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra, it surely looked unique. This South Indian curry dish is made with cashew nuts and can well be called a gourmet dish.
Its very easy to cook at home and will surely surprise your family & friends who will also find it very interesting and then hold you as a winner, so try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Cashew nuts – 250 grams
Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 10
Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped)
Roasted cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon (ground)
Ground turmeric – ½ teaspoon
Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Stick of cassia – 7 cms
Coconut milk – 300 ml
Coconut cream – 150 ml
- Soak the cashew nuts in a small bowl of water for an hour. Once softened, drain off the water and set to one side to dry off.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan once hot add the cumin, cinnamon stick and curry leaves.
- Once the spices are aromatic add the onions and stir to cook for about 10 minutes.
- As the onions begin to change color stir in the turmeric, salt, chilli powder, chilies and stir.
- Add the drained cashew nuts and stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut milk and once it has heated through leave it to simmer and thickened and reduce.
- Remove from heat and check the seasoning – adjust if required. Pour into a bowl to serve with some rice and top with a little extra coconut cream.
Note: Delicious cashew nut curry is ready, serve with hot chapatti, roti, naan or rice. Bon Apatite!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Chef Hari Ghotra